Whether you're a business owner or a resident here in Eagle, Idaho, having your window film professionally installed by experts is a wise investment. It can increase the value of your Eagle, Idaho home or building, protect your interior from sun damage, reduce glare, and significantly lower the cost of your electricity bill.
What Is an Architectural Window Film?
Simply put, window film is a thin sheet (made of three or more layers) of extremely strong polyester laminate that is treated with a reflective coating. This coating reflects UV or ultraviolet light produced by the sun. It can be applied to new or pre-existing windows.
What Are The Types Of Architectural Window Film?
For residential customers in Eagle, Idaho, we offer you dozens of choices between our 3M tinting, decorative, and privacy films. Our commercial customers in Eagle, Idaho, also have the option of our 3M security film.
- Tinting film - Otherwise known as sun control film, helps block solar heat and damage UV rays and makes your home or business up to 25% more energy efficient.
- Decorative film - It has all the elegance of etched or stained glass at a fraction of the cost. In most cases, it's also extremely easy to change the design if you happen to change your mind.
- Privacy film - Offers your choice of sun control, privacy mirror, or blackout/whiteout/translucent (frosted appearance) films.
- Security film - Creates a layer of protection that strengthens your glass. In the event of breakage, security film is designed to capture shards of glass, much like a car windshield.
How Is Residential and Commercial Window Film Installed?
Our expert window film installers in Eagle, Idaho, adhere to a series of steps when installing your window film. They begin by:
- Completely cleaning and drying your windows thoroughly.
- Scraping the windows with a single-edge utility blade to remove any residue.
- Measuring and cutting the film, slightly larger than the window itself.
- Spraying the glass with an application solution allows the installer to position the film easily.
- Removing 3-4 inches of the adhesive backing and then carefully centering and applying it to the top corners of the window. Then they will progressively remove the backing and continue applying the film a little bit at a time.
- Using a squeegee to flatten the film and eliminate any air bubbles.
- Trimming the excess film.
Why Should You Hire A Residential Window Film Expert?
Hiring a qualified professional takes the guesswork and stress out of installing window film. You don't have to worry about following each step precisely. You can rest assured the final product will meet the IWFA standards.
The Best Residential and Commercial Window Tint Installers in Eagle, Idaho
Here at Meridian Window Tint, our window film installers have the experience needed to do the job right.
- Our installers are extensively trained, bonded, and insured.
- We have all of the necessary equipment to install your window film correctly.
- We are proud to say that we are southwest Idaho's 3M Prestige premier dealer.
- When installed by our professionals, our 3M window film can last from 20 to 25 years, will offer energy-saving benefits, and comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
If you're wondering if investing in window film is right for your Eagle, Idaho home or business, don't hesitate to contact us. We'll be glad to schedule an appointment for you for a free, no-obligation estimate!